Sometimes for certain reasons your engine may get sloppy and reduce horsepower or you may want to give your car a kick. Then you may want to consider tuning up your engine. But first it’s important to know what engine tuning actually is. This is the adjustment or modification of the internal combustion engine or engine Control Unit (ECU) to yield optimal performance and increase the engine’s power output, economy, or durability. Surprisingly this consists of things you may not have known.
Tuning is a process that consists of:
- Air Filter Cleaning
- Fuel Pump Cleaning
- Spark Plug Cleaning & Gap Adjustment (0.8 to 0.9 mm for Petrol and 0.65 to 0.75 mm for Diesel Engine)
- Throttle Body & Ideal Speed Actuator ( Ideal Air Flow Control Valve – Electrical Motor Type) Cleaning
- Silencer Duct and Converter Cleaning.
- Intake and Exhaust Manifold Cleaning.
- Scanning and Correcting any Error DTCs with a diagnostic machine.
You can now see that tuning requires processes that if done well can bring your engine back to life. Therefore engine tuning does not reduce engine life but increases it.
Thinking of tuning your engine? Why not schedule an appointment with one of our mechanics. Follow the link HERE