Are you constantly having to replace car spark plugs because they wear out too quickly? If so, you’re not alone. Modern car spark plugs are much more efficient than the older versions, and as a result, they last much longer. This is great news, because it means you won’t have to waste money replacing them so often. In this article, we’ll explore the different types of car spark plugs and explain why they’re so effective. We’ll also provide tips on how to make sure your plugs last as long as possible.
What are car spark plugs?
A car spark plug is a small, cylindrical device that helps start the engine. It’s made of metal and has several electrodes embedded in it. When you apply electric current to these electrodes, it creates heat. This heat melts the metal inside the plug, which in turn vaporizes fuel and air mixture until all that’s left is an electronic explosion. The whole process of starting your engine is based on this simple principle: electricity + petrol = fire!
When do car spark plugs wear out?
Car Spark Plugs typically last anywhere from 10,000 to 100,000 miles. However, this depends on a variety of factors including your driving habits and the type of spark plug you’re using. The lifespan of a particular spark plug will also vary depending on the make and model of your car.
How can I make my car’s spark plugs last longer?
There are several things you can do to help ensure that your plugs last as long as possible:
- Make sure you replace them when they start to wear out – This is especially important if you drive a lot or use high-performance fuel.
- Use the correct type of spark plug – Car Spark Plugs come in two main types: primary and secondary. Primary plugs are designed for high-performance engines, while secondary plugs are more suitable for standard engines.
- Clean your spark plugs regularly – This will help remove impurities and debris that can lead to wear and tear on the electrodes.
- Follow the manufacturer’s recommended driving habits – Avoid excessive acceleration or braking, etc.
- Use proper maintenance tools – A quality spark plug socket and wire brush can help keep your plugs clean and corrosion free.
Trust us, this is only the beginning of a very detailed article that gives every detail about spark plugs. From what you should do to change it when it needs to be changed, where you can get them at affordable prices, and how your car’s performance will change in the case of not changing them regularly.
Got some questions? Leave one below and we’ll get back to you! We also have genuine spark plugs in our store HERE